You’ve heard it time and time again: The business world is fast-paced and highly competitive. And, because of this, businesses and organizations in every industry depend on professionals who possess a solid foundation in business principals and boast innovative and savvy business skills.
Whether you’re looking to jumpstart your career, change your career path, or gain more knowledge and expertise in your area of specialty, an associate degree in business administration will set you up for professional success and help you achieve your business goals.
Here are three top reasons why studying business administration will enhance your career:
- Business administration is a versatile degree that teaches transferable skills.
The insights and skills you learn from studying business are highly transferable, making a business administration degree one of the most versatile and valued degrees you can receive. Employers in a wide-array of industries know that graduates with a business degree are well-suited for various positions and have acquired skills such as:
- Strong written and oral communication
- Critical thinking
- Understanding how an effective organization operates
- Time management
- Commitment, self-motivation, and leadership
- Customer service and sales
Additionally, the skills you learn by studying business administration can help you start your own business.
- Business administration graduates are in high-demand.
Business management and organizational expertise are some of the most important aspects of any business, and graduates who acquire these job-specific skills while still in school enter the workforce in high-demand. Through a well-rounded, hands-on business administration degree program, you will be empowered to grow into a strategic business leader.
- Studying business administration allows you to grow and specialize.
According to Karen Schweitzer from About Education, “There are more opportunities for specialization in business than most other fields.” Ohio Business College’s business administration program has many tracks and allows you to specialize in:
- Business Administration: Accounting Business Management
- Business Administration: Human Resource Management
- Business Administration: Marketing and Sales
- Business Administration: Marketing and Tourism
Education is the key to success in any business, and business graduates have the opportunity to enter a wide variety of fields, companies, and positions when they start their careers. It’s time you took your next professional step and enhanced your career with an associate degree in business administration from Ohio Business College.
Read this OBC Alumni Spotlight story on a 2015 graduate of OBC’s business administration program and let it inspire you to take the first step toward bettering your future.