Class B CDL Training Program
prepares students to become a qualified commercial truck or bus driver. Our 120-hour, three-week course lets you learn behind the wheel. Students attend a short five-day seminar before driving range training and on-road instruction.
Class B CDL training courses in Ohio begin every other Monday.
- Learn the theoretical skills required to safely operate commercial vehicles. This includes inspecting commercial vehicles before and during use.
- Learn and practice how to maintain official papers and plan a successful trip using a GPS or a Professional Driver’s Atlas.
- Learn, practice, and demonstrate defensive driving skills.
- Demonstrate basic maneuvering skills including starting, turning, shifting, braking, and straight-line backing
- Demonstrate how to dock a truck or bus for loading and unloading freight and passengers.
- Demonstrate the skills necessary to operate a truck or bus safely on the public roads and highways.
- Demonstrate safe operating competency required to pass the CDL Road Skills Test in your desired state.
Visit the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles to learn more about Class B CDL permit procedures, fees, special requirements, vision screening, and more.
Graduates will qualify for immediate employment as entry level truck/bus drivers for local or interstate (over the road) companies. Program graduates will need additional driving experience under the guidance and supervision of an experienced, professional driver before they will be able to drive alone safely over the road.
I came through Ohio Business College with a job. I left that job and stopped into Ohio Business College and Donny (Banks) and Rita (Hoke) went out of their way and took the time to give me some listings they had. 3 days later I had a new job at MPS Group working at AK Steel.
Take part in our rapid enrollment period
Ohio Business College’s admissions team is here to help you enroll immediately.Apply Online Today