Class A CDL Training Program
Ohio Business College’s Truck Driving Academy offers instruction to students seeking to obtain a Class A Commercial Driver’s License. Our Class A CDL training program enters students into the commercial driver field as qualified second-seat (trainee) tractor-trailer drivers. Students who meet the 160-hour Class A CDL course requirements – including five days of classroom instruction, driving range practice, and on-road instruction – will become licensed commercial tractor-trailer drivers.
Classes start every other Monday, with weekend classes available.
Our Class A CDL training program is designed to prepare students for entry into the commercial driver field as qualified entry level second-seat (trainee) tractor-trailer drivers. Working in the classroom, on a protected driving range, and on the road with an instructor, students will build the skills necessary to successfully operate a commercial tractor-trailer through our CDL classes in Ohio.
- Students learn, practice, and demonstrate the theoretical skills required to safely operate commercial vehicles, including how to inspect commercial vehicles prior to use and while driving.
- Students learn, practice, and demonstrate the skills associated with planning trips using a Professional Driver’s Atlas and maintaining official papers related to their profession.
- Students learn, practice, and demonstrate defensive driving skills using a nationally recognized defensive driving course designed for the professional driver.
- Students demonstrate basic maneuvering skills including starting, turning, shifting, braking, and straight-line backing.
- Students demonstrate how to dock a tractor-trailer for loading and unloading in our CDL classes.
- Students demonstrate the skills necessary to operate a tractor-trailer safely on the public roads and highways.
- Students demonstrate the safe operating competency required to pass the CDL Road Skills Test in his/her state.
Visit the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles to learn more about Class A CDL training information, such as permit procedures, fees, special requirements, vision screening, and one of the most experienced Truck Driving School in Ohio.
To learn more about Ohio Business College's Truck Driving Academy - including Class A CDL training - fill out the form above or contact us today at 1-866-214-6056.
I chose Ohio Business College because... "it was close to home and has a great staff. I work for Osborne Trucking making good money!"
- Mark Barnhardt, OBC Truck Driving Academy Graduate
Take part in our rapid enrollment period
Ohio Business College’s admissions team is here to help you enroll immediately.Apply Online Today