Medical Assistant Jobs in Oncology
Do you want to make a difference by caring for those affected by a cancer diagnosis? Oncologists specialize in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of cancer, and trained medical assistants make all the difference in the efficiency and effectiveness of oncology appointments and office procedures.
The advancement of medicine and cancer treatments has produced an increased need for oncology medical assistants. According to LearningPath.org, medical assistant jobs in oncology are expected to grow 29% through 2022.
As an oncology medical assistant, you’ll help patients of all ages access the medical care and treatments they need by:
- Maintaining order to the front and back office
- Providing a seamless and pleasant patient experience by answering phone calls and in-person requests
- Billing and coding insurance
- Assisting in examinations, including taking vital signs, giving injections, and easing patient stress
With an Ohio Business College Medical Assisting Diploma, you will be prepared to tackle these responsibilities and more from advanced, hands-on training.
Ready to take your next professional steps and enter a rewarding and in-demand career in the healthcare industry? Learn more about OBC’s medical assisting program and get the training you need in Ohio.
Check out other career paths available to medical assistant graduates:
- Cardiology medical assistant jobs
- Chiropractic medical assistant jobs
- EKG Technician jobs
- Family medicine medical assistant jobs
- Geriatrics medical assistant jobs
- OB/GYN medical assistant jobs
- Orthopedic medical assistant jobs
- Pediatric medical assistant jobs
- Podiatry medical assistant jobs