Medical Assistant Jobs in Cardiology
The human heart is a complex and important area of medicine. Doctors of cardiology work to prevent, diagnose, and treat diseases of the heart and blood vessels – the cardiovascular system. With time-sensitive, highly invasive procedures and surgeries on the line, medical assistants are crucial to the success and efficiency of a cardiology medical office.
Heart patients often require increased treatment and additional attention due to their urgent condition. Cardiology medical assistant jobs involve working in unison with cardiologists, nurses, and other support and office staff. As a medical assistant specializing in cardiology, your job responsibilities will include:
- Scheduling appointments
- Easing patients’ anxiety about medical conditions and procedures
- Answering phones
- Billing and coding insurance
- Transcribing notes from the cardiologist
- Taking vital signs and blood pressure
- Giving injections
- Administering EKGs
- Assisting in examinations and minor surgeries
It’s beneficial that medical assistants have a basic understanding of heart conditions, such as heart failure, heart valve disease, and heart attacks, upon working in cardiology. Medical assistants in the cardiology field find overwhelming fulfillment in their work as a patient’s first point of contact.
Get the medical assisting training you need to enter this rewarding line of work through OBC’s hands-on, comprehensive MA classes in Cleveland and Sandusky, Ohio.
Medical assistants are needed in various medical specialties. Explore other career options as a medical assistant:
- Chiropractic medical assistant jobs
- EKG Technician jobs
- Family medicine medical assistant jobs
- Geriatrics medical assistant jobs
- OB/GYN medical assistant jobs
- Orthopedic medical assistant jobs
- Oncology medical assistant jobs
- Pediatric medical assistant jobs
- Podiatry medical assistant jobs