Business Administration Specialist Diploma Program
Business and business administration are two of the most popular fields of study in higher education and for good reason.
Business is an aspect of everyone’s job, so it is important to have skills in order to hold one’s own in today’s economy.
A business administration education teaches you practical skills that you can put to good use in nearly any job, whether it is in a traditional business setting or elsewhere. With a Business Administration Specialist diploma from Ohio Business College, you can start your professional business career off the right way.
In Ohio Business College’s Business Administration Specialist diploma program, you will gain the essential skills you need to succeed in a variety of different roles in businesses of all sizes and industries. Our instructors have real world experience and knowledge that they can pass onto you in small class sizes, which allow easier access to their expertise. During the diploma program, you will be exposed to coursework in the following areas:
- Computerized Accounting (QuickBooks). You will go through a series of modules including the general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable, invoicing, job cost, payroll, and fixed assets. Upon completion of the program, you will be prepared for certification in QuickBooks which signifies to employers that you have the knowledge and skills to help manage the books effectively.
- Office Computer Skills. This involves not only making sure that you are able to work with solutions like productivity suites that are common in office environments, but also focuses on increasing your familiarity with a lot of the telecommuting and teleconferencing tools that have become invaluable in the modern office environment. Upon completion of the program, you will be prepared for certification in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Externship. You will be given the opportunity to gain experience by working with a local business. During this time, you will evaluate your personal skills, abilities, and transferable skills to determine how you will best fit into your chosen career.
- Small Business Management. You will learn how to develop a small business plan, which includes planning financials, developing marketing, and designing organizational structure.
- Business Communication. Develop communication skills essential for the business world, including informal business communication and delivery of presentations.
Ohio Business College’s Business Administration Specialist program curriculum combines textbook learning with valuable, experiential hands-on learning that helps ensure our students become competent in business skills. Our Business Administration Specialist diploma program is offered at our Lorain County and Sandusky campuses. To accommodate our students’ busy lives, we offer day and night scheduling options. Our campuses are friendly and professional learning environments meant to improve your chances for professional success.
The program offers you a comprehensive business education in a shorter period than an associate’s program, allowing you to enter the workforce sooner. We are dedicated to helping you become a well-rounded business profession that any company would be fortunate to employ. We offer career search and training to students in all programs.