We would like to share an interview with James (Jimmy) Chambers. He has been a part of the Ohio Business College Truck Driving Academy for over 2 years. Educating students and supporting them on the way toward their CDL license; he has become a favorite of many.
- How long have you been working at OBCTDA and what do you love the most about your job?
Two and a half years.Helping people succeed in starting a new career.
- Where are you from originally?
- How did you get into the trucking field?
A good friend convinced me to give it a try.
- Who had influenced you the most in life?
- If you stranded on a deserted island, what one book would you want with you?
- What are some of your favorite things to do when you are not teaching?
Spending time with my family, fishing, and playing card.
- What might someone be surprised to know about you?
How big my family is. My grandma had 17 kids.
- What is the most interesting thing that has happened to you while working at OBCTDA?
I got to train a man with a prosthetic arm.
- What do you think will change in trucking over the next five years?
The technology in the trucks.
- What would you tell someone who is thinking about attending OBCTDA?
It’s a great program with great staff and instructors.
- What do you wish other people knew about OBCTDA?
The staff’s dedication to training students and the student success rate.
Located in Middletown, Ohio the truck driving academy has been training new drivers for the past 47 years. At the academy students can prepare to earn their Class A or B CDL license with classes offered weekdays and weekends. Learn more about the Ohio Business College Truck Driving Academy, and find out how you can start a new career on the road.