About Financial Aid Options
OBC is committed to helping you find and use the financial aid you qualify for. We’ll walk you through the three main steps of the financial aid process:
- Your first step is to meet with your campus Admissions Representative to establish a career plan for your program of choice.
- Afterwards, you can meet with a Financial Aid Administrator, who will provide step-by-step instruction on how to fill out and complete the FAFSA form to determine your eligibility for financial aid.
- Once enrolled at OBC, you will meet with a Financial Aid Administrator as often as needed to keep your student financial aid information current.
In the meantime, explore these links on our consumer information page, and use our financial aid guide below to learn more about financial aid for associate degree students:
Guidance on Government-Funded Programs
Many students can qualify for tuition assistance programs which may pay for most or all of your CDL training. The Admissions team at OBC Truck Driving Academy will assist you to find out if you are eligible for government programs such as the Workforce Investment Act and Ohio’s Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA).
About the WIOA Dislocated Worker Program
The WIOA program was signed into law in July of 2014 and was designed to:
- Help those that were laid-off find new opportunities
- Advance skills and credentials to secure future employment
- Increase employment and earnings
Find more about the WIOA program here: Ohio Department of Job and Family Services WIOA Information
Employer Tuition Reimbursement
Did you know that carrier companies can offer tuition reimbursement as well? OBC Truck Driving Academy works with many carriers and their recruiters to provide them with newly qualified drivers. As an employee with one of these tuition reimbursement carriers, you could have your tuition covered by your future employer.
Ohio Department of Higher Education – Tips for Finding Available Financial Assistance
LET US HELP PREPARE YOU FOR YOUR CAREER
Ohio Business College is applying for reaffirmation of accreditation with the Commission of the Council on Occupational Education. Persons wishing to make comments should either write to the Executive Director of the Commission, Council on Occupational Education, 7840 Roswell Road, Building 300, Suite 325, Atlanta, GA 30350, or submit their comments through the Council's website (www.council.org). Persons making comments must provide their names and mailing addresses.