OBC Alumni Spotlight: Ish Gonzalez
Posted on July 11, 2017
Written by Elizabeth Truxell
As the world grows more technology-driven, the workforce requires trained, driven IT professionals.
Ish Gonzalez, a graduate of OBC’s Information Technology Computer Support Associate Degree program, decided to return to school, set his future up for success, and start a thriving IT career. Read Ish Gonzalez’s experience at OBC and see what he’s up to now:
- Why did you decide to continue your education at Ohio Business College?
I decided to continue my education at Ohio Business College because they offer a flexible schedule and the classes are not over crowded.
- Why did you enroll in the Information Technology Computer Support Associate Degree program?
I’ve always had a passion to learn more about computers since I was a kid, and joining OBC’s Information Technology Computer Support program was a great fit for me.
- What have been your favorite things about the Information Technology Computer Support program?
One of my favorite moments was the first time I got to build my own computer from scratch.
- What was the most difficult or challenging thing about this program?
The most challenging thing for me was to keep a positive attitude when I came across tough times. Being out of school for so many years made me feel a bit scared.
- How did Ohio Business College help you succeed in your studies and accomplish your goals?
OBC has helped give me a better perspective and understand the IT world in a better way by providing me with the tools to make it happen.
- Tell us about your externship.
My externship at the Nord Center was a very great experience doing plenty of hands-on training, setting up workstations, installing new hardware and software, running a network cable through the ceilings, installing and wiping hard drives, and much more.
- Do you have a favorite memory about attending OBC? If so, what is it?
My favorite memory was the first time I received the President’s List Award for academic excellence. I was not expecting to receive one.
- What do you think sets OBC apart from the other career education schools?
What sets OBC apart from other education schools is the one-on-one attention that you get with tutoring when you need extra help. At a huge school, you can end up getting lost in the crowd. Plus, the staff at OBC are wonderful. They are there to help.
- What are you up to now?
I am currently working at TRG – Technology Recovery Group.
- What advice or tips do you have for prospective and current OBC students?
My advice to current students at OBC would be to keep a positive attitude no matter what comes in your path. Remember that having the right support at home, school, or both will also help you achieve your goals.
Are you ready to start your dream career or take your career to the next level? Learn more about OBC’s top-rated career training programs.