How to Transfer Your Military Credits to OBC
Did you obtain specialized training while in the military? Have you earned academic credits from another institution? Find out how to transfer military training into college credits at Ohio Business College below.
Our Transfer Policy
The term “transfer credits” refers to credits from an accredited university, business or junior college recognized by the US Department of Education or Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
Ohio Business College will accept transfer credits on the basis of a valid transcript, and the credits must be earned. Transfer credits must be similar in nature to courses offered by Ohio Business College. The College will accept PSEO (post-secondary enrollment option) transfer of credit as long as the courses fit into the College’s current curriculum and can be verified as college level courses. Acceptance of English and Math credits is dependent on the student’s passing the Math and English entrance assessments and is at the discretion of the Campus Director. Generally, credits that were earned more than seven years prior to the current year will not be considered for transfer.
Awarded transfer credits that are applied consist of a minimum of three semester or four quarter credit hours, and a grade of C or better must have been earned. Transfer credits will appear as a T on the student’s transcript and will be included in the PACE measurement, but not the CGPA/QM calculation for satisfactory progress.
A student who is placed on Academic Probation must understand that transfer of credit will have an effect on the calculation of satisfactory academic progress.
The Allied Health program is a competency based program. Prior to acceptance of credit transfer, all competencies required in the transferring course(s) must be satisfied. Contact the Director of Education to transfer your credit.
Transfer of credit from OBC to another institution is strictly at the discretion of the receiving institution.
Our Policy for Military Transfer Credits
In addition to our regular Transfer of Credit, Ohio Business College may accept Military Transfer Credit for students who have served in the U.S. Military and desire to have their military training and experience considered for credit.
You can transfer up to 36 quarter credits into an associate degree and no more than 8 quarter credits into a business diploma. The transfer may be a combination of college credit transfer and military transfer.
Am I eligible for Military Transfer Credits?
Review our guidelines to find out if you can transfer your military credits to OBC:
- Military transfer credit will be awarded utilizing ACE (American Council on Education) Guidelines. Military training and experience with a credit recommendation at the lower-division baccalaureate/associate degree category level is evaluated.
- An official Joint Services Transcript (JST) or Sailor-Marine American Council on Education Registry Transcript (SMART) must be sent to the Director of Education for review.
- A copy of your DD214 indicating an honorable discharge.
- Acceptance of Military Credit toward your degree program may affect financial aid eligibility.
- Transfer credits:
- Must be similar in nature to courses offered by the College. Acceptance of English and Math credits is dependent on the student’s passing the Math and English entrance assessments and is at the discretion of the Campus Director.
- Do not include any required prerequisites.
- Will appear as a T on the student’s transcript and will be included in the PACE measurement, but not the CGPA/QM calculation for satisfactory progress.
- For competency-based program prior to acceptance of credit transfer, all competencies required in the transferring course(s) must be satisfied.