Medical Assistant Jobs in OB/GYN
Are you passionate about women’s health, specifically reproductive health? The field of obstetrics and gynecology is a specialized and rewarding field. OB, short for obstetrics/obstetrician, focuses on the management of pregnancy, labor, and birth. GYN, short for gynecology/gynecologist, focuses on the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of diseases in the female reproductive system.
OB/GYN medical assistants perform specialized clinical and administrative duties under these focuses. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the demand for obstetricians and gynecologists is expected to increase 20%-28% by 2020. In this growing medical field, OB/GYN medical assistants are in high-demand.
As an OB/GYN medical assistant, your job responsibilities will include:
• Clerical tasks in the front and back office
• Answering phone calls and scheduling appointments
• Billing and coding insurance
• Prepping patients for examinations
• Taking vital signs and administering injections
• Assisting in examinations and procedures
Ohio Business College’s medical assisting curriculum will prepare you to excel with these responsibilities and more from advanced, hands-on training.
Get the medical assisting training you need to enter this rewarding line of work through OBC’s MA classes in Cleveland and Sandusky, Ohio.
Check out other career paths available to medical assistant graduates:
- Cardiology medical assistant jobs
- Chiropractic medical assistant jobs
- EKG Technician jobs
- Family medicine medical assistant jobs
- Geriatrics medical assistant jobs
- Orthopedic medical assistant jobs
- Oncology medical assistant jobs
- Pediatric medical assistant jobs
- Podiatry medical assistant jobs