Medical Assistant Jobs in Geriatrics
Are you passionate about working with the elderly? A division of internal and family medicine, Geriatric medicine focuses on the health and well-bring of older adults. As Americans continue to live longer, the demand for healthcare workers who specialize in caring for older patients will continue to increase. According to ExploreHealthCareers.org, more than 70 million Americans – one-fifth of the population – will be over the age of 65 by 2030.
Skilled medical assistants are vital assets in long-term care facilities, gerontologists’ offices, and hospitals. Geriatric medical assistant jobs involve:
- Answering the phones
- Scheduling appointments
- Running the front desk
- Billing and coding insurance
- Transcribing notes from the physician
- Taking vital signs
- Giving injections
- Assisting in examinations and minor surgeries
Geriatric medical assistants find tremendous reward in what they do by becoming advocates for their patients. Whether providing personal care, helping them reclaim their independence, or ensuring they’re comfortable and at ease, geriatric medical assistants assure that their patients’ needs are met and communicated to the physician.
Get the training you need through OBC’s medical assisting classes.
Think you’d like to explore different medical assisting jobs? Take a look at other career options available to you as a medical assistant:
- Cardiology medical assistant jobs
- Chiropractic medical assistant jobs
- EKG Technician jobs
- Family medicine medical assistant jobs
- OB/GYN medical assistant jobs
- Orthopedic medical assistant jobs
- Oncology medical assistant jobs
- Pediatric medical assistant jobs
- Podiatry medical assistant jobs